From Ted-Ed Clubs: We want every student in the world to share an idea on the TED platform (because, quite frankly, we need help figuring some stuff out -- like redefined gender roles and feline Batman conspiracies).
As a Ted-Ed Innovative Educator, Cohort 3, I am lucky enough to have started a Ted-Ed club in my school...in fact, I am super excited to teach it as a class second semesterl!!
BUTTTT don't be scared that this is a daunting task...it's not...I promise! Ted-Ed has the entire curriculum ready for you to use (you get it once you get approved), and you only have to meet weekly, or whenever you can as a club.
TED is looking for fresh new student voices to share from the TED stage. Our student voice initiative, TED-Ed, is launching the TED-Ed Clubs Challenge to surface student stories from around the world. So far, more than 25,000 students have given TED-style talks in their schools and communities through TED-Ed Clubs. We are inviting students, ages 8-18, to share what they would say if the world were listening, and we want to include your answer!
Sign up for a quick video chat to learn more. You’ll speak directly with a member of the TED-Ed team to learn everything you need to know about the Challenge and how to get involved with this awesome global community. TED-Ed has asked that you mention my name, LISA WINER, when you sign up. As a TIE, this will hopefully get you through the process a little faster. I went to the TED Weekend event last year, where kids were invited to give their talk based on their TED-Ed Club TED Talk...and it was absolutely amazing to see what OUR kids can do!!
Questions? Email me at email@example.com
TED-Ed Club Resources:
- TED-Ed Clubs: Celebrating and amplifying student voices around the world video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PG_R4wl-0&feature=youtu.be
- Website: ed.ted.com/clubs
- Video call sign up link: https://calendly.com/tededclubs/student-voice-411/07-11-2017
- What would you say if the world was listening video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IKlF2dSQWU&feature=youtu.be
- Playlist of TED-Ed Weekend talks: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL71qiWRg4XP-ZpAiSg9Bp_wHByqYoDA2J
- Global connect video: https://youtu.be/VununkhWjj4?list=PL71qiWRg4XP922UwSbaYQ84-c7pvHNgq0