Monday, April 30, 2018

Algebra 2 and Precalculus Unit Circle Projects 2018


Every year, I  assign my Pre-Calculus and Algebra 2 Honors classes a Unit Circle Art project, which I got from Miss Rudolph. I loved her guidelines and rubric, and I have used it in my classes since 2016 and 2017. I don't have pictures of the projects I got prior as I probably wasn't blogging then. The toga really stands out from the student who graduated college last year! So I've been doing this a while, but Miss Rudolph really helped me with her rubric. I assign this as a 30 point project, and the top three win 1, 2, and 3 points extra credit. The winners are chosen by another teacher and sometimes his/her students. 

This year, the winner was the HQ-nit circle, a play on the trivia game HQ, which we try to play every so often in one of my classes. 

It was fun to tweet to @hqtrivia and get a ton of likes.


And then @ScottRogowsky, the host, posted on Instagram!


That was fun today...here are some other creative projects.

Swimming lines/lanes!
The details of this web are incredible!! See the x and y on the spiders??

Bowling - the bowling ball slides back and forth! I had this as a boomerang, but I lost it...

A good use of the unit circle "bow tie!"

watermelon

surfboard
Fortnight



Lake Okeechobee

I scream for the Unit Circle!

Where will I put this in my house?? 

The student's nickname who made this is Mr. 300

This was clever...a doodle bug!

licorice...not supposed to bring food, but it was sweet...

More food...happy students.

I used this a lot to demo when students were confused. 

Pokemon with a sigma

Big Ben
Pac Man on the computer!


Famous building in Brazil

Our crest!

Cool sun artwork
Wheel of Fortune!


12 comments:

Swetha K said...

It is a nice post with piece of information. I’m very glad that you gave this info with us. Please keep doing us informed like this. Thank you!!!
Oracle Training in Chennai
best oracle training institute in chennai
Unix Training in Chennai
Power BI Training in Chennai
Tableau Training in Chennai
Oracle DBA Training in Chennai
Excel Training in Chennai
Linux Training in Chennai
Oracle Training in OMR
Oracle Training in Adyar

Soulblu said...

Thanks for sharing excellent information. Soulblu

Unknown said...

Love the examples for doing unit circle art work!

livoci said...

I was really satisfied to discover this page. I needed to thank you for ones time for this awesome read!! I certainly preferred all of it and I have you saved to fav to see new data in your blog.
Paint

borav said...

May I just say what a solace to reveal someone who truly comprehends what they are talking about over the web. You unquestionably acknowledge how to uncover an issue and make it significant. More individuals should take a gander at this and comprehend this side of the story. I was shocked you're not more well known given that you assuredly have the blessing.
gadgetmedia

Hi Every One said...

this is a particularly wonderful helpful asset which you are offering and you find the money for it away for justifiable. I truly like seeing online journal that arrangement the expense of providing an energies valuable asset for pardon. thanks! Microsoft Office 2019 Crack

trublogger said...

this is my most memorable end up antiquated I visit here. I found for that excuse numerous appealing stuff in your weblog explicitly its wind current. From the stores of criticism vis- - vis your articles, I bet I'm not the unmarried-handedly one having all the happiness here shop happening the affable do thanks! Malwarebytes License Key

Sweetiek3 said...

An impressive program that enables the creation of 3D building exteriors and interiors as well as landscapes.
Cadsoft Envisioneer Construction Suite Crack

Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing valuable information. Java Course In Pune

sanket said...

Great post, keep more posting, thanks for providing valuable information best animation colleges in pune

Shubham said...

Thanks for sharing valuable information, keep more posting wedding reception venues in pune

swaraj said...

Great post, thanks for giving important information. naturalcitygas