Last week, I posted my first Problem Set and got a lot of GREAT feedback on the blog comments and through Twitter. So many people shared resources with me, and I am not sure I will ever have the time to go through all of them.
I am hoping for some more constructive criticism on Chapter 0.
In Chapter 0, I explain the setup of the course:
- When to work collaboratively and when to work individually;
- The need to be a supportive classmate when problem-solving;
- For students to know that it can be both scary and frustrating to problem-solve--but also very rewarding;
- That the class is broken up into three main parts;
- How quizzes are structured;
- How problem sets will be graded;
- Other grades in the course; and finally,
- An opening problem that I blogged about here and Angela Duckworth's Grit video and quiz, which I wrote about last year when I was thinking about how to run the course for its first year.
I love having more structure in this course and am excited to have my own editable workbook.
Please let me know your thoughts after you click on the link below.
I probably will not be sharing everything about the workbook, as it is a little scary to share all my thoughts and ideas with #MTBoS...and I also know that what I do may not work for all and is very unique to how I learn and how I teach...so, please be gentle... :)